18.8.10

Seven Sermons to the Dead

Sonu Shamdasani Introduces the Red Book: X

Septem Sermones ad Mortuos : X

2 comments:

  1. Waht kind of drugs was Jung doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Anonymous- Perhaps your referring to Huxley? That would be more appropriate as Jung's life work preceded the 10 year window of legal western scientific study of psychotropic monographs and their organic analogues. Jung himself did not contribute to the therapeutic application of those substances prior to their USDEA schedule reclassification making them exempt from formal research. For further inquiry you could start with another notable swiss scientist, Albert Hofmann.

    In response to your question, however, I would posit that Jung was doing himself and the result is a graphical representation of his psyche evidenced by a series of paintings included in his personal journal casually entitled the red book, which was only recently published and made available to the public at large. I mean hell, the guy did give us analytical psychology supported by the collective unconscious, so I'm sure he could work his way around some oil paints too. Right?

    ReplyDelete